Job Preparation Skills
Preparation is key
- Need assistance completing Application Forms?
- Creating or updating your CV?
- Preparing for Interview?
If you would like to discuss any of the above please contact me to arrange an appointment.
Curriculum Vitae Preparation
Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlines your education and experience in addition to any special achievements, interests and hobbies you may have. In most cases, it is the first contact you have with a potential employer.
Important Points to Remember
- Your CV should be written chronologically
- Ideally it should be no longer that 2 pages
- Ensure the layout is clear and well structured
- Double check that there are no spelling, grammatical or typing errors
- Keep your font simple and easy to read
- Study the Job Description and Person Specification and pick out what is relevant
- Tailor your CV to each job you apply for
Preparation is key to ensuring you make the most of the opportunity you have at an interview to convince the employer to hire you.
In advance of the interview:
- Do as much research as you can on the company and the role you are being interviewed for
- Make sure you know your CV and the job specification inside and out
- Know what skills and qualities you have to offer
- Familiarize yourself with examples, of achievements, teamwork etc. you can use to back up your answers
- Practice answering questions you are likely to be asked
- Have your questions prepared for the end of the interview